Rabbinic services and online educational programs

Rabbinic services in Chicago email ehntrab@yahoo.com
weddings, bar/bat/funerals, baby namings
Home based school for children
http://onlinehebrewschool.blogspot.com/
Bar Bat mitzvah training and officiating

Para rabbi training
http://pararabbitraining.blogspot.com/



Monday, September 7, 2009

Is it normal for a Rabbi to want to convert?

have decided to convert to Conservative Judaism because I want to be observant, more observant then Reform.

QUESTION:
My friend found me a Rabbi and said the Rabbi, , loved to convert. I talked to him for the first time today and he was telling me about classes, saying if I start now, a couple classes missed, I will be converted by May. But if I wait until i get my car in November I will start classes late, but then wait to make up the classes up to november and my conversion would end in November. He said i will have the circumsision ritual, mikveh and beit din.

Is it normal for a Rabbi to want to convert? To be so open about all of the converting process and the length of the process and so forth talking for the first time?



A. Today yes, in the past no because we were threatened by non=Jewish authorities if we did

No comments:

Post a Comment